|Above: A recently released high resolution map of Pluto's surface. courtesy of NASA
In the meantime, here are a few predictions for the time period I'm away:
- As more data comes down from New Horizons our Picture Pluto will get more complex, including the presence of prebiotic molecules on the surface and near surface.
- There will be at least one speculative article published on the possibility of life beneath the surface of Pluto - either earth like life near the core or life in cryogenic liquids (IE liquid nitrogen or methane) in the near sub surface.
- Charon will be revealed to have had a tortured and geologically active early history.
- Ceres will become a scientific arguing point, as evidence for activity and 'hazes' there is presented to the world.
- The Philae lander will continue to make intermittent contact with its Rosetta mothership.
- I will spend the next three weeks on a beach doing solar astronomy with my tan. :D